Thursday 10 July 2008

Birthdays, nose bleeds and stash shopping!!

Well, my boy is now 4! Where, oh where did the last 4 years go? I can still remember, so vividly the tiny little baby in my arms and now he is so big and tall and full of funny little sayings and observations!
We have had a great few days, his party was on Sunday and we all had a ball. Apart from when Ethan had a massive nosebleed, which took ages to stop. I have never seen so much blood, it was quite scary. Thank goodness Aunty Debbie was there, as she has fist aid training and knew just what to do. He had another one while he was sleeping (in my pristine white bed, lol!). So I took him to the Dr's on the Monday (his actual birthday!!), he has a virus and if he gets any more we have to take him back for tests. So fingers crossed he wont!

On the Monday, Ethan, Marion and I headed over to Edinburgh. We stopped by my mums grave (as the anniversary of her death is the day before Ethan's birthday!) and then we went for a lovely lunch and had a wee beer in the sunshine!
Ethan got quite a bit of birthday money and one of the things he decided he wanted was fish?! So Geoff got the tank for us, as you have to have it all set up and filter running etc before you get the fish. It is really big and can take about 5 fish. We are going up with Geoff to get them today, I am quite excited, although I know (to quote Hils) 'I will be their primary carer', lol!

We had a fun day trip yesterday, we joined Jay and Vicki on an outing to Perth. We went for lunch in a really cool, child centric cafe called the Honey Pot. It has a wee child's play house and lots of little tables and chairs and a fab kids menu.

Then we went mad in the craft shop ... during the trip I saw something that I never thought imaginable .... a very restraint Jay! For anyone who know Jay, you will know that the fact that she didn't buy much stash is totally amazing .. I think the sunshine must of made her dizzy or something!! Vicki on the other hand went wild, lol!!

We sat in the sun at the park while we waited for our train, E had great fun beating Vicki up!!

I also got a phone call this morning to say that I have an installation date for my new kitchen ... it is going in on Tuesday!! How exciting, can't wait, although I know it is going to be totally messy and chaotic for a few days, the end result will be great!

Right, I have better get up off this seat and get moving!!

Hope you are all enjoying the rain, ha ha!!

Em x

No comments: