Sunday 29 May 2011

Spring cleaning ....

Well i know it isn't Spring and it isn't Summer yet either ... or is it still Spring..?






O I am confused; anyway I have been having a mega clear out. Clothes, toys, jewellery, paperwork, cupboards ... general crap. I phoned my local charity collection and they are coming to pick up the lot tomorrow. Some went in the bin, ie broken jewellery/paperwork etc. It felt extremely therapeutic and my mind is clearer ... still have more to do, but all the dust began to go for my nose/throat and I had to down a gallon of liquid Piriton!

This week has been v busy; Joshua ended up having emergency surgery on his beautiful wee face on Monday, requiring a general anesthetic. Lots of drama, including Mumma making a mad dash off an immanently departing plane for Miami and hot-footing it back to Edinburgh just before the ferocious winds and ash cloud stopped all trains/cars/planes coming over the bridge ... phew! It was torture waiting to hear the news that he had come round ... felt sick with worry but it went amazingly and he is recovering well!
Ethan and I also had a 24/48 hour bug ... nothing specific just feeling groggy/sick and generally unwell. Then right as rain after ... v strange. I managed to get a lot of sewing done as E had the bug first and was off school and sleeping lots, which gave me time to get some stock made. Then when I was feeling better I was craving a Subway; so went into town and indulged. Also got my hair cut and did some more shopping. Some lovely new jewellery to co-ordinate with holiday clothes, new wash bag, gorg new black wedge sandals from M&S that I spent all yesterday breaking in whilst wearing them with tights or socks around the house, lol! I want to get another pair of shorts, as I am not 100% keen on the ones I was going to take with me. Am off to Edinburgh tomorrow with Debbie and Joshua to get his stitches out, so will have a look in the shops then.On Friday I pottered/tidied/crafted whilst waiting for the magic 5PM to place my Studio Calico order ..... success! The kit, will hopefully, arrive just before we leave for Florida, so I won't get to play with it until i am home... :-( I also booked our tickets to go up to visit my Nanny in July, with a family rail card and booking in advance it is sooo much cheaper. I love a great bargain!


I am also sort of packed; just wanted to see if it would all fit in my bag, which it does... hooray! Even with my mini kitchen scales, measuring cups and balloon whisk, lol. I want to be able to do some baking (well, pancakes and cinnamon rolls) for breakfast while we are away. Cooking for me is entirely therapeutic and I will probably me doing the majority of cooking, if we are eating in, which I am entirely happy with. I will just NEED appropriate equipment, lol!

Debbie forwarded me the email with our Virgin ticket info on it, which has the 'dress code', as our party is likely to be upgraded so we need to dress appropriately; no shorts, no t-shirts/vest tops/crop tops (LOL, unlikely!), no mini skirts (again, unlikely!), no flip flops, trainers, no beachwear, no sweatshirts, football tops, tracksuits, no ripped jeans etc .... have to be business casual. My outfit is appropriate, they are more relaxed with kids, but they are still not allowed to wear shorts! Just as well I have a lovely new pair of navy trousers for Ethan, pretty much a longer version of the shorts I had planned, so his outfit will still 'work' hehehe!!

As it is getting closer, it is becoming more exciting, more real...so much still to do non-holiday wise. I have a craft fair next Saturday (4th) so lots of stock still to do fot that, as I was ill I never finished the questionnaire for the parent council, we have Joshy from Tuesday - Friday next week and Lucy Tues-Thurs after school .. so lots of fun and games. But it will help the time to fly in!

Right my loves, I am going to get a bit of sewing done and then move some paper around! Enjoy a great Sunday!



em xx


































No comments: