Saturday 21 January 2012

Hey ya...i am currently stretched out on the sofa, bathed in sunlight from the sun streaming in, wiggling my toes and having a little 'sofa dance' to the radio (something about the Outcast song, that just makes you want to dance!!) ...

Anyway... back to the task in hand....blogging!

I took Ethan back over to Edinburgh again yesterday, and it would of been extremely rude not to have paid a visit to my good friend Cath.. I had noticed on the website that there were a number of fabrics heavily reduced, but they were out of stock .. so I went along to investigate. and oh my!! Oilcloth for £4, cotton duck for £6 and gorgeous patterned cotton for £4!! so I snapped up a couple of meters, mainly for BuzyMums projects (have made a couple of roll up towelling travel mats this week and the oilcloth is perfect to the 'wipe clean' side!), but since it is so cheap I am tempted to go back tomorrow to stock up (I will be going to Edinburgh to collect Ethan anyway!).

I also made a return trip to the bead shop in Comely Bank... this place is a wee gem that i discovered by chance last week after I dropped E off... I bought a few goodies, which were admired by Kelli, a Twitter friend. We decided to do a swap (i am getting some gorgeous knitted mug cosies for myself and Ethan, can't wait!!) and my end was to snaffle some beautiful buttons/beads and I am also going to send down a darning foot as our sewing machine shop sells them v cheap!

Then this morning i heard that familiar 'plop' of a jiffy bag to doormat, and was greeted by some lovely trims, bakers twine and gingham bias binding.. so today i think I am going to have a play with pretty fabric! I have become a bit obsessed with my darning foot, oh my... freehand embroidery... 'such fun'!! Got lots of ideas running around my mind ... lets get creative!!

What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: